Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fight Songs Get Me Riled Up

Yes, this is still Lindsey.  No, I have not been taken over by some sort of parasite that makes me love sports.  I just have an appreciation for some of them, especially those well executed as video games.  I have been known to play Tiger Woods, hockey, that little vintage green screen football game... But this particular entry is about EA's most recent gift to the football loving crowds.

I have to admit that I have not actually played this.  But I have spent an inordinate amount of time watching it being played - so I am, in all actuality, like a true fan of the sport!

This game is really lovely.  The graphics are so realistic that, at quick glance, one could pretend they are watching a real game instead of a video game.  And one thing that continues to amaze me is the sound.  They have all the fight songs, the roar of the crowd.. And announcers that actually make sense!  Now, I played Madden back in the day, and all the announcers ever did was say stupid things like, "Ouch!  That had to hurt!"  In NCAA they make witty and fitting commentary related to the happenings of the game.  It amazes me all the time.

Beyond the graphic and sound quality, the gameplay looks really smooth.  My husband has not complained about the controls.  There seems to be no shortage of plays to choose from.  There is an adequate challenge to playing and beating the snot out of your favorite rivals.  And there's recruiting.  Now, you all know me to love a good sim game.. and NCAA '11 provides!  You get to contact up-and-coming high schoolers and try to recruit them to your school.  This is done by managing a certain amount of phone time, and placing calls to your desired recruits during which you try to convince them that your school of choice is the best for them.  My husband created a recruitable character that represented himself, then was let down when he couldn't get himself to come to Nebraska.  Virtual-Bret ended up in Florida I believe.

If you're a football fan, this one could be for you.  If your significant other is a football fan, at least you can have fun watching this one be played.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Lindsey. I hate football. You make me want to believe. Well done lady. Well done indeed.