Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quench Your Gaming Thirst

Quench it - but literally this time.

We all know that gaming as a hobby takes up a healthy chunk of time.  Because you are so busy being glued to your television/computer/hand-held/tabletop you have to make certain sacrifices.. Like eating a healthy meal.  Now don't get all bent out of shape, you can eat healthy meals sometimes - but I'd like to see you 5-star "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" on hard while eating a rib-eye.

But this opens you up to a whole new world of possibilities: gaming snacks!  Certain companies have even specified products and hardcore marketing schemes to hit up the gamers who don't want to be bothered with what keeps them going.  I haven't had a Mountain Dew since about 9th grade.  They taste disgusting to me now.  So I have missed out on the Gamer Fuel - anyone had it?  Does it truly fuel your ability to game?

So what is your favorite food to eat while gaming?  I find the snackier foods to be easiest: chips, pretzels, candy.  (Why is candy always so easy to eat? Oh candy, you saucy temptress...)  When I'm really starving a simple sandwich.  I am always drinking my Nalgene bottle of water, but I find that a Nalgene bottle is a HORRIBLE vessel while gaming, specifically on console.  I am more likely to spill all over myself while trying to nab a quick drink in between reloads.

And I love tasty chips, but man...many a times I have gunked up my controller with flavorants.  Fake cheese is my undoing - Cheetos, Doritos...  They are the best tasting, but also the messiest, chips.  Certain friends of mine are giant fans of the Fun-Yun, (you know who you are), and I have to say I am too, but I never remember to pick up this treat unless I'm on a road trip.  Therefore I cannot judge how the Fun-Yun treats the gamer in me.

It may sound boring, but my most common gaming snack is the pretzel.  It's sturdy.  Basically crumb free.  Keeps my hands clean and on the controller for the most amount of time.   I can even dip it if I'm in a casual enough game to allow me that sort of luxury.  (Pretzels + Ranch.  Try it.)  What do you eat?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, I adore the Funyun side of life. My ultimate gaming beverage is ice cold Cherry Pepsi. And for food, omg, i cant believe im saying this publicly: sour cream with garlic salt in it, salsa, tostitos dipped first into the garlic sour cream then into the salsa. its like a meal. Easy too. Grab a chip, dip once, dip twice, feed face. and if performed correctly, will leave your control clean.

Linz said...

That food sounds PHENOMENAL