Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Legos have been fun since I was 4

I am notorious for not finishing a game before reviewing, but for Lego Batman I can't really even begin to review. I have played part of it before but just picked it up today at GameStop for $20, which is awesome. They are running a special and I was happy to fill in my Lego game collection. I have played and plan to review Star Wars The Complete Saga & Indiana Jones, just haven't gotten there yet.

Anyways, Lego Batman, cheap at a store near you! I can't decide if it's cheap because they want to push it or because it is sucky and they're like "crap get this off our shelves." In my opinion it is not the most fun Lego game, that title is strictly in the hands of Star Wars The Complete Saga. It is so amazing and fun. Indy was fun too, but I am less a fan of Indiana Jones so I don't know how much that swayed me. Batman is least fun so far, because I think that it is kind of hard to maneuver the "menus" (batcave/asylum) compared to the school or the cantinas from the other two games.

Also, Star Wars had a leg up on these two because there is such a variety of characters. You can choose between 6-ish characters that do the same needed attack, instead of one character who can do the attack in 6-ish different outfits. It is much more fun to choose your favorite Jedi than it is to choose your favorite outfit.

I feel slightly less attached to Batman because I thought it would be based on the movies but it is based on the comics. Not that I wouldn't love to read the comics, I just never have, and I am less familiar with them. Although as I become more and more nerdy, and do more comic-based research, I am lead to wonder how on Earth Harley Quinn has not been in a Batman movie? That chick is amazing!! In defense of Batman, I also had not seen and am not really that fond of the Indiana Jones movies, so ... well .. I guess Star Wars has the unfair advantage. (Not unfair really, Star Wars just rules.)

Basically to sum up the reason I wrote this post:
1 - I am back from not posting. We had family here and I was unable to spend my quality time with the interwebs.

2 - I found myself fantasizing about Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 this morning. Basically I love the Lego franchise and think it is so fun. And Lego HP will probably be the ultimate for me. I can't wait to play for the Wizard's Cup. Or -OMG- QUIDDITCH@?!? Seriously!?

No comments: